Terms and conditions 2011
Thank-you for asking us to preserve and frame your wedding flowers, please
could you take the time to read the following terms and conditions for our
1. Deposits paid to us are non refundable where cancellation is made once work has begun on your flowers or once costs are incurred. We ask that a second payment be made to increase your deposit to fifty per cent if necessary when you confirm how you would like your flowers displayed, the final balance will then be due on completion of your commission. Unless you choose our fast track option which means that full payment must be made at the time of confirming your display choices.
2. It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure that the flowers reach our studio in the best condition.
We will be happy to arrange for our couriers (free Monday- Thursday 9-5 excluding bank holidays) to collect your flowers. The onus is on the customer to ensure that the correct flowers’ are left for our collection, at the agreed collection point .These must be labeled and packaged correctly for the journey (please see our instructions for this). We cannot take responsibility for any loss or damage done to your flowers by a third party employed by you or due to bad packaging.Do not send items/ flowers to us that you may want returned undisplayed.
3. Your bouquet will be preserved immediately(to do this each flower will be preserved individually). Please ensure that we have been correctly instructed as to which process you would prefer i.e. pressed or dried, due to the techniques we use, it is not possible to change this once work has begun.
4. The service we offer at Precious Petals is to preserve and display flowers only under protective glass/acrylic .We consider that this is the best way for your flowers to last long term. We cannot proceed with your order until we receive your completed frame order form ( this will be sent to you within one month of preservation).It is your responsibility to return this form to us within one month of your reference date, if we do not receive it within three months we reserve the right to recycle your preserved flowers.
There is a charge £50 for the return of left overs for orders over £200 or £ 100 for orders under £200.*Please indicate that you would like these returned when you confirm your frame/display choice, as we cannot guarantee that they will be kept.
In the event that you decide that you would like your complete bouquet returned untreated it will preserved and presented to you dismantled in a special keepsake box priced at £150.00.
5. Whilst at Precious Petals we will always do our utmost to preserve your flowers to our highest standard possible, we do not take responsibility for any poor results due to the age, condition, variety and colour of your flowers upon delivery to us. It is your responsibility to ensure that you are fully aware of the results to expect from the preservation of your flowers, which you are welcome to view before proceeding with your order.
6. There will be a degree of artistic interpretation to our work which we reserve the right to make.This may mean that not every flower is included in your display if our artist feels this would compromise her work .Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any concerns about this.
7. Your flowers will be dried to preserve them this will mean that the colours will most probably change and the surface will become matt, this we believe is a beautiful part of flower preservation. If you wish to view your flowers before they are framed look at any colour change to help you to decide on a suitable display please do not hesitate to call us to make an appointment at our studio. Once your picture is completed we will not refund money to you if you are dissatisfied with the colour or texture of your flowers which is a normal result of flower preservation, this should be fully understood before proceeding with your order. Please be aware that preserved flowers can be visually affected by the process of encapsulation in a paperweight.
8. In certain circumstances and on certain types of flowers it may be necessary to artificially enhance the colour of your flower’s; this decision is at the descretion of our artist unless otherwise instructed by you when you confirm your display requirements with us.
9. In the event that you instruct us to replace any of your flowers, we are more than happy to purchase these on your behalf for which we will add a charge to your final invoice. The price will be approximately £40 depending upon the type of flower, quantity required and seasonal variations in the price of flowers. We will replace your flowers with the closest match available but do not guarantee an exact match due to the variance of this natural product.
10. In the event that you do not ask us to replace any of your flowers we understand and respect that for sentimental reasons you are happy for us to proceed with your original flowers only whatever their condition on arrival at our studio.We will gladly incorporate other items that are suitable in your display but this is at your risk and we cannot take any resposibility for their loss or damage.
11 The complete process for preserving your flowers should take approximately 18-20 weeks from when you confirm your display choice depending upon the time of year. Completion may be delayed if replacement flowers need to be sourced and preserved.
12. Our range of frames have been carefully selected for the display of preserved flowers, although our framer can offer a wider choice should you require a special order, it is not possible for you to provide your own frame.
13. On the rare occasion that your chosen frame moulding becomes discontinued, we will replace it with the closest match possible to colour, size and quality from the full range available to us. Should this arise we will discuss this with you in advance of proceeding with an alternative.
14. We respectively request that the final invoice is settled and your flowers are collected within a month of the completion date.
15. We strongly recommend that in particular three-dimensional pictures be collected from us by hand as they are very fragile. Particles may become loose in transit. We cannot take responsibility for any failure on behalf of the customer to provide accurate information in relation to the address and delivery details. We do not take responsibility for any damage done to your picture/s in transit which must be reported to us as soon as possible. You should retain the goods until advised otherwise by ourselves. Due to their fragile nature some acrylic cubes and very large pictures are not suitable to be delivered to you by courier.
16. Although your picture will be glazed with conservation glass which will filter out 97 per cent of ultra violet light. Your preserved flowers are perishable over time there can be a mellowing of colour which one would expect with products of this nature.
17.We cannot be held responsible for the loss/damage of your flowers whilst in our care due to fire, storm, civil disorder, loss of electricity, flood, mechanical failure or any other event beyond our control. Please note that Precious Petals liability is strictly limited to the amount of money that you have paid and no further compensation would be offered in these circumstances. Your flowers which are sent to us and preserved by us will remain our property until full payment for our services has been made.
We highly recommend that you take the time to discuss fully with us the results to be expected from the preservation of your flowers which we consider to be very beautiful, please do not hesitate to contact us to find out more
Company House Registration Number 04705425
20122803 copyright © Precious Petals. 1988-2018 All rights reserved
Approved by Trading Standards